The Child Rights Connect Task Force on Child Rights & SDGs together with the UN Human Rights Office are undertaking consultations with children to inform the next report of the UN Human Rights Office on Child Rights & SDGs and other UN SDGs-related processes.
There is already a lot of evidence collected from and by children about their rights, the SDGs and the COVID-19 pandemic. Rather than repeating previous research and consultations, we suggest to empower children as part of a focus group to gather and submit existing evidence relating to the theme of sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic & SDGs, especially looking at the SDGs under review at the the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF). This information will help guide the UN Human Rights Office in writing their report. It will also inform the Task Force work in relation to other SDGs-related opportunities (the HRC Annual Day on the Rights of the Child; HLPF; and the General Assembly resolution on the rights of the child and SDGs; etc.).
🔈 Are you in contact with groups or networks of children that are involved in actions linking children’s rights, the SDGs and/or COVID-19? Support them in organising focus group activities (on-line or in-person) to submit their views and recommendations.
- Access the focus group consultation methodology (which can be adapted to suit your context) in English, French and Spanish
- Access the Power Point that can be used to conduct the focus group activity in this folder (in English, French and Spanish)
- Access the focus activity documentation form (online) which you can use to share the outcomes of the activity in English, French and Spanish
Process and timelines:
- Until end of January: organise focus group consultations and send you input to Child Rights Connect.
- End of January/early February: participate in an online dialogue with the UN Human Rights Office.