The Committee regularly reviews each State party to the CRC and its Optional Protocols to assess the progress each State has made in implementing them and to provide country-specific recommendations.
Understanding and taking part in the various stages of the CRC reporting cycle is a powerful way for children’s rights defenders, including children, to monitor and help improve children’s rights in their countries.
Child Rights Connect is the strategic partner of the Committee and OHCHR for the engagement of children’s rights defenders in the reporting cycle. Our role is to strengthen the capacity of children’s rights defenders, including children, to use the CRC reporting cycle as an advocacy tool and in connection with other relevant UN human rights entry points. Our approach is to maximize the potential of the Child Rights Connect network to empower children’s rights defenders in a sustainable way and with multiplying and long-term effect.
The Reporting Process
To learn more about the reporting cycle and get advice on how to engage, please visit our dedicated website and read our guides and tools:
- The Reporting Cycle of the Committee on the Rights of the Child-A guide for NGOs and NHRIs–English, Español, Français
- Reporting on OPSC and OPAC–English, Español, Français
- Together with children–for children: a guide for NGOs accompanying children in CRC reporting (for adults)–English, Español, Français
- My Pocket Guide to CRC Reporting (for children)–English, Español, Français
- Pre-session Handbooks
- Other resources on CRC reporting
Or contact us at email@example.com
For more information on the UNCRC Simplified Reporting Procedure (SRP), please consult this page.
Alternative report submission
CRC Sessions and Webcasting
See relevant links below:
- CRC session calendar
- Treaty Bodies review calendar
- UN webcast
- Webcast archive
- Child Rights Connect CRC reporting mini-site
- CRC Session Reports:
74th Session and 76th Pre-Session Overview
75th Session and 77th Pre-Session Overview
76th Session and 78th Pre-Session Overview
77th Session and 79th Pre-Session Overview
78th Session and 80th Pre-Session Overview