We are now accepting applications from children to become child advisors on our new Children’s Advisory Team 2020/2021!
Child Rights Connect is setting up a new global Children’s Advisory Team, which will become a permanent group within the organisation and central to advancing our efforts on children’s empowerment globally.
The roles of the Team will be to:
- Guide us in the implementation of the new Strategy (as above);
- Help to ensure a stronger connection between the UN and the ground to ensure better positive impact, including by taking part in advocacy on children’s rights at the national, regional and international level; (this includes representing broader groups of children and feeding back to children at the local and national level);
- Reach out to, and mobilising, child-led initiatives, to become part of the Child Rights Connect’s work and network;
- Act like a solid global platform for children to speak with one voice in front of the UN.
The specific tasks of the Team will be developed through discussions with the children.
Two main benefits for child advisors being part of the Team:
- Being empowered as human rights defenders through human rights education and training, including learning how to empower other children to expand our positive impact at local and national level;
- Connecting and exchanging closely with other children on a global scale to develop knowledge and understanding of different challenges and good practices on children’s rights in different contexts and taking their existing actions to an international stage.
You can access more details in the Terms of Reference for the Children’s Advisory Team here.
You can find the Terms of Reference for supporting organisations here (also included in the survey link below).
You can also access the call for child advisors in French and Spanish here.
Please circulate widely among your networks and partners!
The deadline is Friday 31st January 2020.
For any questions at all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org